Sensory Impairment and Physical Disability
Supporting the successful inclusion of children with a sensory impairment or physical disability in their local communities, nurseries and schools
The team is made up of a range of specialist practitioners including; Teachers of the Deaf, Teachers of the Visually Impaired, Teacher of the Multi-Sensory Impaired, Teachers of Children with Physical Disabilities, Educational Audiologist, Bilingual Instructors, Teaching Assistants and a Rehabilitation Officer.
What We Do
We provide information and advice on the nature and implications of sensory impairment and physical disability.
- We provide specialist teaching, including British Sign Language and Braille
- We carry out assessments
- We advise on modifications and access to the National Curriculum
- Following the assessment we provide specialist equipment and resources
- We advise on modification of educational environments
- We liaise with statutory and voluntary agencies
- We provide training and consultancy in Sensory Impairment and Physical Disability
How We Work
We support individual children, young people and their families from the point of diagnosis through all phases of education, adapting our support according to need.
For further information please contact the team on 0115 876 5340 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Direct.gov.uk Special Educational Needs
Nottingham Integrated Children's Services website
Parent Partnership Service
Royal National Institute for the Deaf
National Deaf Children's Society
British Deaf Association