School Uniform Allowance
Eligibility for School Uniform Allowance
Nottingham City Council offers School Clothing Allowance for pupils who are in academic years reception,1, 4, 7, 9, and 11.
This excludes pupils who attend academies and free schools.
Please contact the academy or free school to find out if they operate a school clothing allowance scheme.
If you and your child(ren):
- Lives in Nottingham city
- Attends a Nottingham City school
- Is in years Reception 1, 4, 7, 9 or 11 (except free school and academies)
And if you, the parent or carer, receive at least one of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- the guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit including the Working Tax Credit element and your annual income does not exceed £16,190 as assessed by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HMRC)
- support under section 95 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Universal Credit, income thresholds apply
then you are eligible and can claim for your child(ren).
How much you will Receive for Each Child
|Year 4, 7, 9, 11||£20.00|
How to Apply
If you consider that you are eligible for the School Clothing Allowance, please do the following:
2. Once the application form is completed you can send it to us using any of the following options. You can:
- By post
- Drop it in at reception at Loxley House
- Ask at your child(ren)'s school to see if they will email it to us on your behalf
How to Contact the Pupil Benefits Team
If you need any help with completing the form or you have any other questions you can contact us in the following ways:
Nottingham City Council
At the above address, Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
0115 915 4084
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday: 8:30 am to 4:50 pm
Thursday: 9:30 am to 4:50 pm.
Please note: at busy times telephone access ends at 1.30 pm