This facility is for use by Nottingham City residents only. When visiting you may be asked to produce your driving licence, as proof of being a City resident.
Lenton Industrial Estate,
The centre is open every day of the year except Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day. The opening times vary depending on the time of year:
- January and February: 8am to 4pm
- March: 8am to 6pm
- April to September: 8am to 8pm
- October: 8am to 6pm
- November and December: 8am to 4pm
Last admittance is half an hour before close.
Items you can take
The following items can be taken:
- Car batteries
- Flat glass
- Fluorescent tubes
- Food tins and drinks cans
- Fridges and freezers
- Garden Waste
- Gas Bottles
- General/bulky waste (excluding food, animal waste etc.)
- Hardcore and rubble
- Large appliances
- Mixed glass, bottles and jars
- Mixed paper and card
- Mixed textiles and clothes
- Mobile phones
- Printer cartridges
- Scrap metal
- Small appliances
- Tapes and disks
- TV's and monitors
- Used engine oil
- Wood and timber
Rubbish from businesses cannot be taken to the site.
Frequently Asked Questions
Registration is not required.
Please note we don't accept any trade waste at all so using a commercial vehicle for your own waste means you are likely to be questioned unless there is no relevance between the waste and the business.
If you have undertaken home improvements yourself and have waste such as plaster, cement, rubble, tiles, bathroom suites and windows then you can dispose of these at our Household Waste Recycling Centre.
Some DIY materials are restricted & some are also chargeable. A household will be allowed to dispose of no more than the following:
- Soil, bricks, rubble – 4 x bags (25kgs)
- Bathroom suite items – 4 items
- Windows – 2 complete units
There is a charge to dispose of rubble and plasterboard (and similar DIY waste) at this centre.
- £3 per bag 25kg of rubble, tiles, concrete
- £8 per bag 25kg of plasterboard
A bag should be no larger than 535mm by 820mm and there is a limit of four bags of waste per customer.
Please only pay by Credit or Debit card payment.
Examples of pricing
- Whole paving slabs
- Concrete posts and lintels or gravel boards
Charge: £3 per slab, post or lintel.
Rubble or Hardcore
- Bricks (broken or whole)
- Blocks (broken or whole)
- Broken paving slabs
- Sand, gravel and pebbles
- Cement mortar and rendering
Charge: £3 per bag (or part bag).
Ceramics and tiles
- Ceramic wall or floor tiles
- Slates or roof tiles
Charge: £3 each or £3 per bag (or part bag).
Plasterboard and gypsum products
- Gypsum based products
- Plasterboard sheets (whole or broken)
- Ceiling roses
- Unused or part bags of plaster
Charge: £8 per sheet (1800mm x 900mm, 6ft x 3ft approx.)
or £8 per bag (or part bag).
Lenton Household Waste and Recycling Centre
Lenton Industrial Estate