Need Help? Due to the Coronavirus

Find out how lockdown is easing, as services and public spaces reopen safely in a phased way in Nottingham.
Find out more

Petrol and Explosives

Trading Standards is responsible for making sure that petrol and explosives are stored and sold in safe conditions.

This means that the storage of petrol and explosives must be licensed by Trading Standards. The licensing of explosives includes shops and other retailers where fireworks are stored or on sale.

Part of our job is to inspect all these premises regularly, to make sure that the public are not at risk. We also enforce the laws regarding how these products are sold, for example underage sales of fireworks or petrol being dispensed into unsuitable containers.

If you are a Nottingham business, you can print off an application form and return it to us at the address on the form, along with the relevant fee.

Online resources

Business Companion is a website that provides information for businesses and industries across the many different regulatory topics that Trading Standards enforce.


Petrol and Explosives

Contact Details

Trading Standards LH Box 43, Loxley House Station Street Nottingham NG2 3NG United Kingdom