On 1 January 2021, the UK left the European Single Market and businesses have been subject to a number of changes to the way they distribute and sell goods.
There are new rules and obligations for some sectors that may affect your business and require action to be taken. It is important that businesses are aware of the new rules that apply to them. The below information will help you understand the changes that may affect your business.
This post-transition guidance document contains helpful links for businesses about:
- Placing Goods on the GB market
- Placing Manufactured Goods on the EU market
- Using UKCA marking
- Conformity Assessment Bodies
- Designated Standards
- Guides on specific Product Safety and Metrology Regulations
- EU transition Business Readiness leaflet
- Video guidance from the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy to help businesses understand the new rules
You can also use the Governments Brexit checker to get a personalised list of actions for your business at Brexit.