Need Help? Due to the Coronavirus

Do you need help? We have a group of community volunteers who can help with things like getting pescriptions, collecting shopping and more..
Find out more

Accident Reporting

If you are an employer, self-employed or in control of work premises, you are required under the Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 2013 (RIDDOR) to report specific types of work-related accidents and acts of violence.

For information on what and how to report injuries, diseases and accidents and acts of violence please visit the incident contact centre website.

Accident Book

Although not required under Health and Safety legislation, an accident book can be a suitable method of discharging the duty to the employer to record any use of the First Aid provision and of recording their reporting action under RIDDOR.

A new edition of the Accident Book (No B1 510) was issued in May 2003. To comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) personal details entered in accident books must be kept confidential.

The new Accident Book has been redesigned so that individual record sheets can be removed and stored securely. This will help you to keep personal information in confidence.

An Accident Book (BI 510) can be bought from most good bookshops.

Contact Details

Health and Safety Team
Loxley House
Station Street