What is a tenants passport?
This citizen is tenancy ready and is being assisted by the Nottingham Private Rented Assistance Scheme (NPRAS) to secure a privately rented property.
NPRAS will completed an assessment of this tenants housing needs, which includes:
- Establishing a 5 year address history
- Identifying any support needs
- Enquiries made relating to any disclosed criminal convictions
- Completion of a comprehensive income and expenditure
- Assessed Housing Benefit qualifications and received all requested documentation requested
- All immigration checks have been made
- NPRAS have been provided with a previous landlord reference or character reference
What can NPRAS offer to landlords
- A paper bond is provided amounting to 1 month's rent, which will cover rent arrears and damages, if an inventory has been provided. This bond will be valid for a minimum of 6 months and a maximum of 24 months, which will give the tenant enough time to save up for their deposit
- A cheque for 4 weeks rent in advance will be issues to you, which we will claim back from Housing Benefits
- NPRAS offer a range of incentives and support packages to landlords accepting NPRAS clients, further information available on request
- Free membership to the Landlord Accreditation Scheme for non-accredited landlords wanting to accept an NPRAS folder
- Landlords updated with changes to Housing Benefit legislation
- Direct links with the Landlord Liaison team at Housing Benefits
- Provide landlords with legal advice in relation to tenancies
- Referrals can be made to housing related support providers for our applicants if required
If you would like to work with NPRAS please download the Landlord Information Pack. You can email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0115 876 1112.
Get our latest updates delivered to your inbox.
Sign up for Job Alerts, What's On, Latest News and more...