Information and help dealing with domestic abuse or sexual violence
If you or someone you know is affected by domestic violence or sexual violence, these pages can help. If you think you are in immediate danger, ALWAYS dial 999 and ask for the police.
If you are worried about someone seeing you viewing these pages, use this quick link to the Google home page to redirect away quickly.
Get help locally
- Equation website - works to reduce and prevent domestic violence. Call their 24 hour helpline on 0808 800 0340 and 0341 text phone with Language Line.
- Equation Respect not fear - Awebsite for younger people that offers help, advice and links to support.
- Nottinghamshire Women's Aid website -Women’s Aid Integrated Services – providing services for women, young people and children living in Nottingham city, Gedling, Broxtowe, Rushcliffe and Ashfield. Call their 24 hour freephone domestic and sexual violence helpline on 0808 800 0340
- Nottinghamshire Independent Domestic Abuse Service website - Helps people experiencing domestic abuse.
- Midlands Women's Aid - Offers refuge, advice and support to thousands of women and children. Call them on 0115 925 7647.
- Broxtowe Women's Project website - Offers support to women experiencing domestic violence in the Broxtowe borough. Call them on 01773 719111.
- Shine (Nottingham Community Housing Association) website - Aims to reduce the risks of domestic abuse and homelessness for women.
- Refs for Pets - Finds temporary homes for pets whose owners are affected by domestic abuse. Call them on 07971 337264.
Get help nationally
- National Domestic Violence Helpline - Free phone 24 Hour National Helpline, run by Women's Aid and Refuge. 24-hour Helpline 0808 200 0247.
- Rights of women - Offers women legal advice and information to understand and use the law and their legal rights. Call them on 020 7251 6577.
- Childline - If you are worried about anything, it could be something big or something small, you can call the 24 hour ChildLine on 0800 1111.
- Womankind - Providing help, support and legal aid for women in emotional distress. Call them on 0845 458 2914.
- Victim Support website - Offers free and confidential help to victims of crime, witnesses, their family and friends. Call them on 0845 303 0900.
- Gov.uk - More information from the government on domestic abuse, where to get help and your rights.
- Men's Advice Line website - Helpline for male victims of domestic violence and abuse. It offers emotional support, practical advice and information.
- Respect - a membership organisation for work with domestic violence perpetrators, male victims and young people. Telephone 0808 802 4040
Get our latest updates delivered to your inbox.
Sign up for Job Alerts, What's On, Latest News and more...