Nottingham City Safeguarding Adults Board (NCSAB) is the statutory forum for agreeing how services, agencies, organisations and the community work together to safeguard adults at risk of harm and abuse.
It is a statutory requirement for local authorities to set up a Safeguarding Adults Board (SAB). The main objective of a SAB is to assure itself that local safeguarding arrangements and partners act to help and protect adults in its area who:
- has needs for care and support (whether or not the local authority is meeting any of those needs)
- is experiencing, or are at risk of harm, abuse or neglect
- and as a result of those care and support needs is unable to protect themselves from either the risk of, or the experience of abuse or neglect (Care Act 2014, Care and Support Statutory Guidance)
The SAB has three core duties:
- it must publish a strategic plan for each financial year that sets how it will meet its main objective and what the members will do to achieve this
- it must publish an annual report detailing what the SAB has done during the year to achieve its main objective and implement its strategic plan, and what each member has done to implement the strategy as well as detailing the findings of any safeguarding adults reviews and subsequent action
- it must conduct any safeguarding adults review in accordance with Section 44 of the Care Act
NCSAB welcome any feedback and comments on our plans. Please contact the Board office on email@example.com
Further details of Safeguarding Adult Reviews can be found on the Learning from Practice page
The Board has an Independent Chair, Malcolm Dillon, who was appointed in 2015.
The Board comprises representatives from partner organisations as detailed below.
Statutory (funding) partners
- Nottingham City Council (Adult Social Care)
- Nottinghamshire Police
- NHS Nottingham City Clinical Commissioning Group
- National Probation Service, Nottinghamshire
- Derbyshire, Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire and Rutland Community Rehabilitation Company
- Nottinghamshire Fire and Rescue Service
- East Midlands Ambulance Service
- Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
- Nottingham CityCare Partnership
- Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust
- Vulnerable Adults Provider Network
- Nottingham City Council Public Health
- HMP Nottingham
- Nottingham Crime and Drugs Partnership
- Nottingham City Council Member (Portfolio Holder with responsibility for Adult Safeguarding)
The Board has a Business Management Group, and three subgroups (Quality Assurance, Safeguarding Adults Review and Training, Learning and Improvement).
The Board is supported by a full time Board Manager, and 0.5 FTE Business Support Officer. The Board meets Quarterly.
Get our latest updates delivered to your inbox.
Sign up for Job Alerts, What's On, Latest News and more...