Nottingham City Public Health is redesigning and recommissioning some of the services within the wider drug and alcohol treatment system, and we want to hear your views.
The services that are within scope of this review are:
- Adult drug and alcohol services in the community
- Adult drug and alcohol services within the criminal justice system
- Drug and alcohol services for young people
- Family support
- Needle exchange and harm reduction.
Engagement and consultation on some of the services within Nottingham City’s wider drug and alcohol treatment system is taking place in two stages. Stage one included an online survey, one-to-one interviews and focus groups with service users, members of the public, service providers, and stakeholders. Some of the findings are summarised below:
- There needs to be flexibility around the location of and opening times of services
- Recovery should be at the heart
- Services need to link together, such as mental health services, housing, benefits, health improvement services such as smoking cessation etc.
- There should be an expansion of the support available to family and carers of service users (including whole-family interventions)
- There should be a balance of parity between drug and alcohol treatment and support
- Enhanced offer for young adults aged 18-25
- There needs to be a consideration for people in ethnic minorities, women, and people in LGBTQ+ communities.
In stage two, we are asking service users, members of the public, service providers, and stakeholders to give further views on these findings and answer questions relating to the themes above. This will further our understanding and help us to develop high quality, safe, and appropriate support and treatment services that provide best value for money for the people of Nottingham City.
If you would like a printed copy of the questionnaire to complete, or to arrange for a facilitated session where somebody will help you to complete it, please contact email@example.com
Alternatively, you can contact Glen to arrange a face-to-face, digital, or phone consultation, or facilitated focus group.
Thank you for taking the time to help shape drug and alcohol services in Nottingham City.