Children and young people with Autism and Asperger Syndrome can achieve social inclusion, meet their educational potential and go on to make a positive contribution to the wider community.
Who is our service for?
Children and young people with Autism and Asperger Syndrome, their families and other professionals working to support them.
What We Do
- Support schools to include children and young people with Autism and Asperger Syndrome
- Advise on strategies and resources
- Work alongside staff in schools to help meet the needs of these children and young people
- Support families where Autism and Asperger Syndrome is having a significant impact on the lives of other family members
The Autism Team have a commitment to working with children and young people at times of significant change and transition at all key stages. Support is offered to those young people who may experience the greatest difficulty with transfer and change.
We provide tailored training packages for all mainstream and special schools, which can be adapted to meet the needs of the wider school community.
Support Groups for Families
The Autism Team works in partnership with locality based parent support groups and provides training and advice to families.
How We Work
- We have a named teacher in every City school and we allocate our time based on individual need
- We allocate teaching assistants to support schools to work with pupils at times of transition and change
- We work with schools and other professionals as part of a multi-agency team around the child
- We provide training to schools
How to Access our Service
Please contact the Autism Team on 0115 876 5311 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Get our latest updates delivered to your inbox.
Sign up for Job Alerts, What's On, Latest News and more...