From inspection information, consultations, policy updates, training and briefing papers, this page will provide current OFSTED information relevant to all registered providers.
Who are Ofsted?
Ofsted is the Office for Standards in Education, Children's Services and Skills. They report directly to Parliament and are independent and impartial. Ofsted inspect and regulate services which care for children and young people, and those providing education and skills for learners of all ages.
Good Practice Guides
Studies are published on the Ofsted website, focusing on specific aspects of teaching, learning and practice that have led to successful outcomes. Examples of successful practice are published as they become available http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/resources/goodpractice
Early Years and Childcare providers may find it useful to register for Ofsted email alert system. You can receive daily, weekly or monthly email alerts about:
- Inspection reports
- Inspection and regulation forms and guides
- Videos and podcasts
- News and Newsletter
The Early Years Team recommend that Early Years and Childcare providers regularly visit the Ofsted website to ensure they have the most current information www.ofsted.gov.uk
Can we please remind Early Years and Childcare providers to telephone the Early Years Team when Ofsted arrives to conduct an inspection or monitoring visit so we can arrange for an Early Years Officer or Childcare Support Worker to attend the feedback session.
Ofsted guidance documents can be found on the Ofsted website A selection of useful documents can be found by clicking on the links below. NB.Please make sure you have the most up to date version in your setting (either a paper or electronic copy).
- Annual Report
- Framework for the regulation of provision on the Early Years Register
- Early Years online self evaluation form (SEF) and guidance for providers delivering the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Inspecting safeguarding in early years, education and skills
- Registering school-based provision
- Early Years inspection handbook
- Becoming a registered early years or childcare provider in England