Supporting the inclusion of SEND children attending Nottingham City Early Years Settings.
SEND Legislative Requirements
It is the expectation of the Local Authority that all Settings are:
- Adhering to the Equality Act 2010
- Adhering to the expectations of the EYFS where appropriate
- Adhering to the Special Educational Needs Code of Practice
- Working positively to ensure that they are all offering fully inclusive services which meets the needs of all children / young people in their care
The Early Years SEND Fund
The Early Years SEND Fund is available to all Private, Voluntary, Community and Independent Ofsted Registered Childcare Providers and schools to support the inclusion of SEND children attending Nottingham City Early Years Settings.
The Early Years SEND Fund supports;
- Access for disabled children aged 3 and 4 years whilst accessing their free entitlement to a Nursery Education Funded place
- Access for disabled children who are 2 years of age whilst accessing their free entitlement to a funded education place
The fund does not does not support the costs of short breaks or respite care. The Guidance and Application for the EY SEND Fund is available to download below.
The Disability Access Fund
The Disability Access Fund (DAF) is part of the early years national funding formula introduced in April 2017. The DAF provides additional funding to support early years providers make reasonable adjustments to enable children with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) to access their early years funded entitlement hours.
The Disability Access Fund is £615 per year for eligible children. Funding will be paid per year directly to one childcare provider nominated by the parent. The DAF is not based on an hourly rate and is an additional entitlement payable as a lump sum.
For more information on the DAF including eligibility criteria, how to claim and the DAF application form please see downloads below.
Physio/Occupational Therapists are able to apply to the Local Authority for high cost equipment in order to support the inclusion of a disabled child into a childcare setting. To be eligible to apply, the child must be accessing early education funded provision at the childcare setting.
- EY SEND Funding Dates 2021 to 2022
- EY Application Guidance for EY SEND Fund Oct 2021
- EY SEND Funding Application Form Oct 2021
- HLN application training session power point Oct 2021
- EY SEND Application Amendments Form
- High Cost Equipment Application Form
- The Disability Access Fund Information and application
- Schools DAF Information and Application
- Schools Process Flow chart for how to claim DAF