Phonics F1: Phonetic Foundations
Are your children engaged? Are they inspired? Do they all show high levels of listening and attention? Looking for some inspiration?
Getting it right at F1 is vital to enable children to go on to become enthusiastic and successful readers and writers. This course will inspire you with a variety of techniques to enable you to plan stimulating and engaging sessions with a focus on developing early language and communication skills throughout your environment. You will leave with practical resources to support your phonic teaching and assessment.
You will also get the opportunity to observe an experienced teacher deliver a session to a group of children before your very own eyes. There will be a chance after the session to ask the teacher questions about the strategies used. This course will support you to:
- Develop an array of techniques to develop children’s speaking and listening skills
- Provide purposeful opportunities to develop vocabulary
- Confidently teach children to orally blend and segment
- Ensure high levels of engagement during teaching time
- Create a vibrant and stimulating environment which is language rich
- Give children the best possible foundations to enable them to become successful readers and writers
Course Leaders: Early Years Specialist Caroline Vissani
Length: one full day including a buffet lunch
Audience: Teachers, Teaching Assistants, Literacy Subject Leaders, Senior Management, Intervention Teachers
|Monday||2nd Oct 2017||9:00am - 3.30:00pm||Castle Cavendish||£160||Book|