A Practical Workshop for established SENCOs
Course Length: Half day
Course Leaders: Sam Caig and Mel Foulston
Audience: Practitioners who have a SENCO role
Course Overview: This half day practical course developed by the EY team and certificated by UK CPD is for established SENCOs and will support you to identify small steps for learning, set SMART targets and complete individual provision maps.
The course will support SENCOs to understand their responsibilities to children with SEND and the setting’s approach to identifying and meeting SEND.
Aims: This course will support you to understand to:
- Explore the SENCO role and how this is delivered across the city
- Provide clarity on SENCO best practice
- Provide an overview of current SEND legislation including the SENDCOP2015
- Examine early identification of children with additional needs in your setting
- Understand how to engage with parents and professionals in this process
- Explore Individual Provision Maps and managing SEND provision appropriately
|Tuesday||26 February 2019||9.30am - 12.30pm||Castle Cavendish||£45||Book|
Practitioners will receive a UK CPD certificate on completion of this course.
NB. It is recommended that all SENCOs join the SENCO Network to keep updated on current practices