Home Coronavirus (COVID-19) Household Support Vouchers

Household Support Fund

In the past the council has distributed the Government’s Household Support Fund through making one-off supermarket and energy vouchers available online.

However the one-off vouchers only provide temporary and limited relief from the cost of living crisis.

The council has therefore consulted with advice agencies and community organisations to find the best way to ensure:

  1. the vouchers are available to the most financially vulnerable people in Nottingham
  2. people can find sustainable solutions to help with their longer-term financial stability

How can I get financial support?

Advice agencies and community organisations are ideally placed to provide financial advice that can help you to get a whole range of financial support. This includes applying for benefits, tax credits, reducing debt, managing household bills and much more.

For this reason, the new supermarket and energy vouchers will be distributed through the advice agencies and community organisations throughout the Summer while the funds are available. This will help to ensure you can talk to an Adviser about your options for longer term support at the same time as applying for a voucher.

If you, or someone you know, needs financial support, your first step should be to contact one of the advice agencies or community organisations listed below.

By contacting these agencies, you will be able to:

  • Talk to an impartial and confidential Adviser about the whole range of financial support and solutions available to you over the longer term.
  • Apply for a supermarket or energy voucher, or a referral to a food bank, to help with your immediate financial needs.

Who should I contact?

The advice agencies and community organisations to contact are listed below. These organisations experience high levels of demand, but if you contact them via their contact details below, they will get back to you to arrange an appointment with you:

If you are a Nottingham City Homes Tenant, please contact:

NCH Tenancy Sustainment Team
Email moneymatters@nottinghamcityhomes.org.uk

If you are a Metropolitan Thames Valley Housing resident, please contact:

Customers Services  
Email contactus@mtvh.co.uk
Or call 0203 535 3535

If you are none of the above, please contact one of the following advice agencies:

Bestwood Advice Centre

21 Gainsford Crescent
0115 962 6519

Open Monday – Thursday
9:30am – 3:30pm

Citizens Advice Nottingham & District

16 – 18 Maid Marian Way
0300 330 5457

Clifton Advice Centre

Clifton Cornerstone
Southchurch Drive
NG11 8EW

0115 940 5551

Open Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday 10:00am to 1:00pm

Meadows Advice Group

Queens Walk Community Centre
Queens Walk
The Meadows
0115 986 0197

Open Monday to Friday
9:30am to 1:00pm

Nottingham Law Centre

119 Radford Road
Hyson Green
0115 978 7813

Open Monday to Friday
9:30am to 1:00pm, and 2:00pm to 5:00pm

St Ann’s Advice Centre

The Neighbourhood Centre
Robin Hood Chase
St Anns
0115 950 6867

Open Monday, Tuesday and Thursday
9:00am to 12:20pm, and 1:20pm to 3:30pm
Wednesday and Friday
9:00am to 12:30pm



All partners are focused on getting the vouchers to those Nottingham residents who are in financial crisis and need support the most. Each agency issuing vouchers will use their standard eligibility assessments. People who are eligible will be those in receipt of recognised means tested benefits, or some other identifier of low income, such as:

  • Universal credit
  • Income-based jobseekers allowance
  • Income-related employment and support allowance
  • Income support
  • Working tax credit
  • Child tax credit
  • Pension credit

How can I redeem my voucher?

If you receive an energy voucher, instructions to redeem it will be included with your voucher.

If you receive a supermarket voucher, the instructions to redeem it are here. 

Is any other support available?

A directory of information on help and support available in Nottingham is available here www.asklion.co.uk/money