We are urgently looking for Care Workers
Nottingham City Council and our Private Care Providers in the city are urgently recruiting for Care Workers to support our elderly and most vulnerable people in the city.
Care work is available across a number of employers and pay, terms and conditions will vary depending on which employer needs to recruit to Care Workers.
These roles seek to provide safe and appropriate personalised care and support to citizens in a way that that maintains their dignity, maximises independence and gives them choice and control over the way their care is provided. You may be required to work in any area of Social Care, in the person’s home, the community or within a residential care home and to be prepared to work with people with different and varying needs.
- You will be caring, friendly and willing to look after our most vulnerable people – many who need a smiling and caring face to brighten their day and help them with some care tasks.
- You will need to be available to work between Monday to Sunday, and sometimes overnight in a residential setting
- These roles will involve personal care, as well as talking to people, getting people in and out of bed, cooking light meals, and prompting or administering medication
- For Homecare roles, we welcome applications from non-drivers and will try to match you to visit people in your local area - you will not need to use public transport
- We will provide training so you don't need experience - just a desire to care for others.
- Some employers across the partnership will pay for a DBS check
- All employers will provide full PPE as prescribed by the Government’s guidelines
- Care workers are classed as Key Workers and your children will be eligible for a school place during your shifts, although the guidance is that children stay at home where possible to protect our frontline workers.
Have a look at the supporting information for Home Care and Residential Care or watch the video below to get a feel for what the job could be like. Please note, the worker in the video works for Nottingham City Council’s Homecare service but it will give you a flavour of the roles we have available across the council and the provider sector.
If you are shortlisted for an interview, the interviewer will explain who they work for and what the pay, terms and conditions are before you continue with the interview.
As part of the application form, you will need to provide your explicit consent to Nottingham City Council to share your application details with other Private Sector Care Providers as part of the citywide need for more care workers. Your personal equality and diversity information will not be shared with anyone. This is to ensure we are complaint with Data Protection law. If you do not provide us with consent, your details will not be passed to the private care providers, but we will keep you on the council’s waiting list for interviews with Nottingham City Council as the employer.
We are committed to recruiting a talented workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We welcome applications from people from all backgrounds and with different abilities. We recruit for diversity and value difference.
We particularly want to hear from you if you are from the Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic community, identify within the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender community (LGBT) and if you are Disabled - these groups of people are underrepresented in our workforces, and we’d like to reflect our local population more through our recruitment processes.
Apply for this Role
Completing this form should take around 20 minutes.Apply for this Role