Procurement has a central role in using Nottingham City Council's purchasing power to drive efficiencies and to deliver more with less money. Nottingham City Council has a responsibility to spend public money to achieve the best possible value and outcomes for its citizens whilst maximising the wider social, economic and environmental aims.
The Procurement function will use Nottingham City Council's spending power to drive Nottingham's aspirations. This will be achieved through:
- Being citizen focused
- Maximising savings
- Delivering economic, social and environmental benefits
Our approach to delivering these outcomes and the Council's strategic priorities is outlined in the Nottingham City Council Procurement Strategy 2014 to 17.
Category Management Procurement at Nottingham City Council is category-managed under the following groupings:
- Social Care and Support
- Community, Health and Education
- Construction and Major Projects
- Transport and Environment
- Corporate and Professional Services
Information and Resources
- East Midlands e-Procurement Portal - Regional portal for accessing public sector contract opportunities (including Nottingham City)
- Source Nottinghamshire - Advertisements for Nottingham City Council and Nottinghamshire County Council contract opportunities
- Nottingham City Council Procurement Forward Plan
In addition to the .CSV and .JSON formats available on Open Data Nottingham, the Procurement Forward Plan is available for download as individual category-specific gantt charts:
Care, Support and Health Improvement
Further details and links about Care, Support and Health improvement can be found by clicking on Care, Support and Health Improvement
Residential and Nursing Care Home Accreditation Process
Nottingham City Council and NHS Nottingham City CCG have been working together to review and develop our contractual arrangements for nursing and residential care homes in Nottingham City and Nottinghamshire County. The new contract will commence from 1 April 2015. Care Home Providers will need to complete the accreditation process in order to be issued with a contract.
Get our latest updates delivered to your inbox.
Sign up for Job Alerts, What's On, Latest News and more...