Nottingham City Council Community Protection Service is a founder member of the D2N2 Local Economic Partnership 'Better Business Regulation' partnership.
Supported by all local authorities within the Derby, Derbyshire, Nottingham and Nottinghamshire region together with national agencies, the Better Business Regulation programme is designed to improve the delivery of 'regulation' as it impacts on local businesses and therefore reduce the cost of compliance.
The key objectives of the programme are to develop a new relationship between businesses and regulatory services through:
- Seeking to reduce the administrative cost on businesses
- Promotion of two way communication between businesses and regulatory services
- Improving the perception of regulators
- Supporting regulators to find the right balance between encouragement, education and enforcement
- Developing a joint offer of support from regulatory services to businesses
- Building trust between regulators and businesses
- Advising government how to do things better for both businesses and regulators
The BBR initiative is providing access to business advice in the following legislative areas:
- Animal Welfare
- Environmental Health
- Fire Safety
- Food Safety
- Health and Safety
- Trading Standards
- Weights and Measures
Any business operating in the D2N2 area requiring advice in any of these areas of regulation are encouraged to contact the D2N2 Growth Hub at their website or telephone on 0333 006 9178.
The D2N2 Local Economic Partnership has a website and a Regulator and Business Partnership Charter
Get our latest updates delivered to your inbox.
Sign up for Job Alerts, What's On, Latest News and more...