How to get married in a Church or religious building
If you wish to be married in the Church of England speak to the vicar of the church in which you wish to marry. There is usually no need to involve your local register office.
If you wish to have a religious ceremony other than in the Church of England, you should usually:
- Arrange to see the person in charge of marriages at the building
- One party must live in the same district as the church or religious building (or worship there)
- Give formal notice to the superintendent registrar at your local register office unless one of you is subject to immigration control
Fees payable to the Nottingham Register Office;
- Notice fees: £35.00 per person
- If a Nottingham City Registrar is required to attend the marriage: £86.00 plus certificate fee of £11.00
Get our latest updates delivered to your inbox.
Sign up for Job Alerts, What's On, Latest News and more...