All Nottingham City Councillors are required to abide by the Council’s Code of Conduct for Councillors and Co-opted Members in Part six of the Council’s Constitution. If you believe a Councillor has breached the Code of Conduct you can complain to the Council’s Monitoring Officer.
Before you Start
The following types of complaint will not be considered under this procedure:
- Complaints which do not relate to a current Councillor or voting Co-optee,
- Complaints which relate to a decision of an employee or a Committee,
- Complaints which relate to alleged incidents which took place before a person became a Councillor or voting Co-optee,
- Complaints which refer to alleged incidents which happened so long ago that there would be little benefit in taking action now,
- Complaints which do not identify the Councillor or voting Co-optee being complained about,
- Complaints which relate to a Councillor or voting co-optee’s personal or private life,
- Complaints containing trivial, vexatious or politically motivated allegations,
- Complaints regarding alleged behaviour which has already been investigated,
- Complaints which relate to an alleged failure to comply with the rules regarding ‘Disclosable Pecuniary Interests’,
- Complaints which do not relate to the Code of Conduct.
If your complaint falls under one of these categories please contact the Council’s Governance Manager on 0115 876 4312 or at email@example.com who will advise you on alternative courses of action open to you.
How to Make a Complaint
If you want to submit a complaint about the conduct of a Councillor or Co-opted Member of Nottingham City Council, you must do this by clicking the button below.
You can also download a copy of the form below and return to:
or via post:
Nottingham City Council
Please complete as much of the form as you are able to.
How will my complaint be dealt with?
All complaints we receive will be dealt with in line with the Council’s Councillor Complaints Procedure
Get our latest updates delivered to your inbox.
Sign up for Job Alerts, What's On, Latest News and more...