Information needed with Planning Applications
The information that you will need to provide with your application for planning permission.
All planning applications, whether submitted on line or in paper, need to be accompanied by enough information for us to be able to consider them. The information that we require varies depending upon the location, scale and type of development being proposed. Our Validation Requirements for Planning Applications document sets out the minimum information that is usually necessary for particular types of application, and is designed to ensure that applications can be processed as efficiently as possible. If your application is missing some information that is essential for us to be able to consider it, we will contact you.
We have produced checklists for the main types of application, to help you put together the information we need.
Preparing Documents for your Application
We encourage you to make your application online through the Planning Portal. When you are preparing your application, please follow these simple tips to help us process it as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Use pdf format for all documents
- Keep individual file sizes small- under 5MB if possible - if a document is very large, please break it down into separate files for each section
- Give your files logical names that reflect their content, for example "Existing Front Elevation- drg ref 001 revision A dated 12_1_13.pdf"
- Where possible, separate your drawings so that they can be printed to the original scale on individual sheets of A4 or A3 paper- if necessary, putting individual elevations and plans on separate sheets
- Try not to group all drawings onto a single A2 or larger sheet, because this is expensive to print and much less convenient to work with when viewing on screen
- Use landscape format wherever possible for drawings, because these are easier to view and navigate on screen
- Clearly indicate the sheet size and scale- for example 1:100 @ A3- on all drawings
Get our latest updates delivered to your inbox.Sign up for Job Alerts, What's On, Latest News and more...