Library Catalogue: Search / reserve / renew / account
Use your library card number and PIN to reserve, renew and view your library card account.
Using the library catalogue
To find books, audiobooks, DVDs, music CDS, magazines, journals, newspapers and other items held in Nottingham and Nottinghamshire libraries.
For performance sets of music and drama visit the NPALS catalogue.
You'll find all you need to know about borrowing eBooks, eAudio and eMagazines here
Go to the library catalogue page and choose log in, enter your library card number and PIN in the popup box.
Then search for the item, to reserve it follow the online instructions and choose your collection library.
You'll receive a notification via email or text when it is ready to collect and pay a small fee when you pick it up. See Library Charges and fees for full details.
If you can't find what you are looking for on the library catalogue please get in touch:
Email: email@example.com or contact us on Tel: 0115 915 2828
A popup box will appear and you'll need to enter your library card number and PIN to log in.
So long as they are not reserved for someone else you can renew your loans up to four times without taking them into a library.
You can return your Nottingham City library loans to :
No matter where you borrowed them from.
Your library card account
You'll need your library card number and PIN to log in.
Go to the catalogue and click on login at the top right (in the green title bar).
By logging in to your library account you can:
- view your loans
- renew loans
- create lists for future loans
- review titles you have read, listened to or watched
Forgotten your PIN or lost your card?
If you've forgotten your PIN you can reset it:
- Online via the library catalogue, click on log in and then click on 'Forgot my PIN' in the popup box
Important information: you must have your library card number and an active email address on your library account. An email is sent with instructions on how to reset your PIN.
If you do not receive an email please check the junk folder. If you have any problems during the resetting process you will need to contact a library
- Or in person at any of our libraries, you will need your library card number
Lost or temporarily mislaid your library card?
To protect your personal data we will need to verify your identity before issuing a replacement library card or giving you the number on your existing library card.
To obtain your existing card number you can:
- Visit any Nottingham City Library with ID
- Phone any Nottingham City Library or email firstname.lastname@example.org, you will be asked to answer a series of questions about yourself and your library account. You may still be asked to visit a library with ID if staff cannot verify your identity with your replies.
To obtain a replacement library card: