What can the Museums' Learning and Engagement Team do for you?
Nottingham City Museums and Galleries . . .
- A museum and art gallery in a 17th century Duke's palace, built on the remains of a medieval castle with a thousand years of turbulent history
- The story of Nottingham Life, told in a row of 18th century cottages
- An Elizabethan mansion, a Natural History Museum and a deer park
- A grand country house, once the home of the poet Lord Byron
- A working windmill with a science centre
- And one million objects . . . natural history, geology, industry, fine and decorative art, archaeology, everyday life, military history, costumes and textiles.
All these are here for you to explore, discover and enjoy . . .with a little help from the Learning and Engagement Team
We are here to help make our collections and heritage sites accessible to everybody who wants to use them.
For educational groups - of any age - we offer over 40 sessions, led by our professional museum educators. And if the session you want isn't in our programme have a chat with us as we may well be able to oblige.
Are you in a community group? Then we can work with you to provide stimulating projects for all tastes and abilities, ranging from our short 'taster' sessions to long-term projects.
We put on a lively programme of family friendly events such as the 1940s Knees-up at the Museum of Nottingham Life at Brewhouse Yard, seasonal activities and holiday-time fun.
So, have a look at what we have to offer and then maybe get in touch . . because we give you m.o.r.e.
To get in touch go to Contact us
To get involved go to Volunteer for us