Have some time to spare? Why not volunteer with us?
- Learn new skills
- Boost confidence
- Gain experience
- Sense of satisfaction from helping others
- Meet others in your community
- Contribute to the development of your area and the city
What We Offer You
- Support from a named mentor
- Any training required for the role
- Reference if needed for future job applications
How to Volunteer
- Have a read through the opportunities below and decide which role suits you best
- Fill in the application form below
- We will then be in touch to advise whether or not you are invited to interview
- If successful at interview we will call in your references and arrange a DBS check if appropriate
For informal enquiries, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Home Library Service in partnership with Royal Voluntary Service
We are pleased to work with the Royal Voluntary Service to provide a Home Library Service for customers who are no longer physically able to get to their local library. To find out more about volunteering for this service, please see the role descriptions below. For further details or to apply, please email email@example.com.
We are not currently recruiting to these roles but keep an eye out for future opportunities in these areas, which will be listed on this page.
Increasing access to our local history collections
Reading for Dementia
Projects to support those living with dementia
Helping children learn to create animations using Scratch
Read in Sight
Supporting visually impaired customers to access library services and specialist equipment
Get our latest updates delivered to your inbox.
Sign up for Job Alerts, What's On, Latest News and more...