We will send your library membership card to the address you give on the form, within a few working days. Please note that joining online is only available for people over 10 years old, please visit your local library to join children to the library.
On your first visit to the library, your card will be activated and you will receive your unique PIN number (this is so you can access your library account online).
You can also join in person, please click here to find your local library.
Library membership is included on the Citycard - it just needs to be activated for library use by visiting a City library, or by completing the joining form and adding the library number from your Citycard (you'll find it above a barcode label, and it starts with the letter "D" eg. D12345678).
When you join a Nottingham library you can:
- Borrow from and use any library in Nottingham City and Nottinghamshire County
- Search, order and renew items online
- Download e-books from the library catalogue
- Access computers and the internet
- Access online reference and research materials
- Join in activities at your local library
- Learn something new from basic computer skills, to how to trace your family history
Visitors to Nottingham
If you are visiting Nottingham you can also use any Nottingham library, but we will need a form of ID. Visitors can also use library computers without joining the library for a small fee.
Get our latest updates delivered to your inbox.Sign up for Job Alerts, What's On, Latest News and more...