We offer free computer learning sessions across all Nottingham City Libraries
One2One Computer Help Sessions
One to One tutoring covering a wide range of topics including:
- Introduction to the computer
- Microsoft Word
- Saving and Printing
- Using the library catalogue
- Family History
For more information on our free One2One computer help sessions please ask at your local library
Computer Learning Sessions
We regularly offer free basic computer learning sessions in our libraries. Keep checking this page to see what's on
Tuesday 7th February
|2:00-4:00||Central Library||Safer Internet Day|
Monday 20th February
|Monday 20th February||2:00-4:00||Aspley||Basic Photography with an iPad|
|Tuesday 21st February||10:30-12:30||Bilborough||Introduction to online shopping on an iPad|
|Tuesday 21st February||2:00-4:00||Central Library||Introduction to online shopping on an iPad|
|Wednesday 22nd February||10:30-12:30||Wollaton||Basic Photography with an iPad|
|Thursday 23rd February||10:30-12:30||Bilborough||Basic Photography with an iPad|
|Thursday 23rd February||2:00-4:00||Bulwell||Introduction to iPads|
|Friday 24th February||10:30-12:30||Central Library||Basic Photography with an iPad|
|Saturday 25th February||1:00-3:00||Central Library||Introduction to iPads|
|Tuesday 28th February||10:00-12:00||Hyson Green||
Low Vision Drop In
General Information about the sessions
- Do you have internet safety questions? Free drop in sessions for help and advice on how to stay safe online. Topics covered will include internet shopping; social media; device settings; parental controls and much more. Just pop in and ask us your internet safety questions. No experience necessary.
- Twitter: Find out how to use your iPad to follow the latest news and trends. Learn how to ‘tweet’, find out what a hashtag is and learn how to connect with others using Twitter. Experience of using a touchscreen device essential.
- Basic Photography with an iPad: Discover and learn how to use the camera on an iPad. Learn how to organise & edit your photos. Find out how to send pictures and videos to your friends & family. Explore useful photography apps.Experience of using a touchscreen device essential.
- Introduction to Online Shopping on an iPad: Does shopping online scare you? It doesn’t have to! Learn how to shop online and how to navigate online purchases with an iPad. We’ll cover security, PayPal, and popular online shopping sites. Experience of using a touchscreen device essential.
- Introduction to iPads: Never used an iPad? This basic workshop will start from scratch, explaining the basic functions and features. From switching it on, staying secure to browsing the internet, we’ll show you how. No experience necessary.
- Low Vision Drop In: Learn how to use i-zoom assistive software on our library PCs to get online. Try out our accessible tablet with synapptic software or discover the adaptive features on an iPad. No experience necessary.
Booking is essential. Please contact the library directly for more information and to reserve your place.
*sessions will be delivered on our library iPads*
Get our latest updates delivered to your inbox.Sign up for Job Alerts, What's On, Latest News and more...