Active Nottingham allows you access to 8 Nottingham City Council leisure centres across the City. There is a range of activities and facilities at our leisure centres. As an Active Nottingham member, you will have access to:
- 8 Leisure Centres
- 7 Swimming Pools
- 7 Health Suites including Saunas, Steam Rooms, Jacuzzis
- Over 300 fitness classes every week!
- Tennis Courts
- Sports Hall
- Children Activities
- What’s Active Nottingham?
- Get Nottingham Active TV Programme
- Find a Leisure Centre
- View activities, including Swimming, Fitness Classes, Children Activities etc
- Book and pay online
- CredAble access
- Citycard holders
- Terms and conditions
- Price list 2016
Active Nottingham Membership
Become an Active Nottingham member today and enjoy a whole range of Benefits:
- It's completely FREE to join
- You benefit from discounts of £1 or more* every time you book an activity
- You can book and pay for activities online(via website or app) - easy, convenient and quick
- No more queuing! Simply book your activity and enjoy Fast Track access, using your Active Nottingham key fob, wristband or card
- Access to various FREE activities available across 8 leisure centres
- When you register with Active Nottingham, you will receive a key fob, wristband or a card which is free of charge on your first application
How do I join
- Just pop into any of our Leisure Centres where a member of staff will help you complete the application form
- Call our Customer Contact Centre on 0115 876 1600 who will do the paperwork for you
- Complete the online form and take it to your nearest leisure centre
If you have a Citycard, we will ask you to obtain an Active Nottingham key fob, wristband or card.
Please see 'How do I join' on what to do next.
To access our concessions scheme you must be a city resident of Nottingham City Council and be on our electoral register (registered to vote), be an Active Nottingham member, and be able to present proof of address and entitlement. We have 4 groups of customers who are able to access our concession rate and enjoy savings of up 50%:
- Customers with a Disability
- Juniors aged 0-18 years
- Adults aged 60 years or above
- Adults in receipt of certain benefits
Concessions Proof of Entitlement
To access savings of up to 50% we ask that you provide proof of your address and entitlement due to your age, disability or receipt of benefits. We accept the following forms of proof.
Proof of address
- Driver's License
- Utility Bill issued on the last 3 months
- NHS Medical card
- Local authority council tax bill for the current council tax year
- Bank, Building Society or Credit Union statement or passbook
- Original mortgage statement from a recognised lender issued for the last full year
- Solicitor's letter confirming recent house purchase or land registry confirmation of address
- Council or housing association rent card or tenancy agreement for the current year
- Benefit book or original notification letter from Benefits Agency
- Inland Revenue self-assessment or tax demand
- Electoral Register entry
Proof of Age
- Birth Certificate
- Driver's License
- NHS Medical Card
- Under 11 360 Citycard - Juniors
- Under 18s Citycard - Juniors
- Senior Citycard - over 60s
Proof of Disability
- Blue badge holder
- Mobility Citycard holder
- In receipt of Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- In receipt of Disability Living Allowance.
Proof of receipt of benefits
- Universal Credit
- Income Support Allowance
- Employment & Support Allowance
If you are unsure please speak to us at on 0115 876 1600, pop into your local centre or drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are a number of terms and conditions you should be aware of when using our leisure centres. The key ones are listed below with regards to holding an Active Nottingham membership.
- Replaced lost or stolen wrist bands and key fobs cost £3
- You must notify us if you move home or your circumstances change with regards to your entitlement to concessions
- You must notify us if your name or contact details such as address, phone or email change
Here is a list of our most popular prices (these prices will apply with effect from Monday 4 April 2016):
|Pay and Play||Concession||Active Nottingham||Full Price|
|Swimming - under 5 years old and NSS customers||FREE||FREE||FREE|
|Active Family Swim||£0.50||£0.50||£1.50|
|Family Swim (up to 2 adults and 3 children)||£9.50||£9.50||£11.50|
|Swimming Lessons - Adult||£6.00||£6.00||£7.00|
|Swimming Lessons - Junior||£4.90||£4.90||£5.90|
|Gym Induction - programme, induction and 1st workout||£9.99||£9.99||£10.99|
|Fitness class/aqua class||£5.35||£5.35||£6.35|
|Health Suite - A (Clifton, Harvey Hadden, Southglade, Victoria)||£3.35||£6.70||£7.70|
|Health Suite - B (Djanogly, Ken Martin, Nottingham Tennis Centre)||£2.80||£5.60||£6.60|
|Little Treasures Soft Play (Clifton LC)||£2.50||£3.00||£4.00|
We have a variety of memberships available to you. We will let you try our facilities before you buy.
- Unlimited access to 8 leisure centres
- Unlimited access to gym, fitness classes, swimming and health suites
- One 2 One programme
|Flexible Fitness||12 month contract||Monthly||Annual|
|Health and Fitness||£28.99||£33.99||£347.89|
|Health and Fitnesss Student||£19.99||£33.99||£189|
|Health and Fitness Tennis Membership Bolt ons||£23.19||£27.19||£278.28|
|Swim and Health Suite||£19.99||£22.49||£239.88|
Beat the queues by booking Active Nottingham activities online. You can search availability 24 hours a day plus book and pay activities up to 7 days in advance. There is no charge to use the online booking service.
All of the following activities and facilities can be booked online – on mobile app ‘NCCSport’ available in App Store and Google Play and www.booknottinghamsport.co.uk
- Fitness Classes
- Gym and Health Suite (available on the website only)
- This Girl Can Swim sessions
Make a booking
If you have already registered, simply click the button below to make a booking.
Book online – link to www.booknottinghamsport.co.uk
Register for online bookings by completing your details on www.booknottinghamsport.co.uk
You will receive a welcome email with your log in details. You will also need to collect your Active Nottingham wristband, key fob or card from your nearest leisure centre on your first visit.
Problems booking online?
If you experience any problems making your booking online or cannot cancel/move a booking, please contact Sport and Leisure Customer Services by phone 0115 876 1600 (weekdays 8.00am to 8.30pm and).
“Get Nottingham Active” is a new programme in partnership with Notts TV. You will be able to watch short fitness videos twice per day from 6 February on Notts TV.
You will have an opportunity to watch and choose from 3 local instructors – Charmaine, Sebastian and Vanessa.
Charmaine will show you some basic dance moves.
Sebastian will go through body conditioning exercises.
Vanessa will introduce you to relaxation and stretching techniques.
“Get Nottingham Active” will air twice a day, 11am and 2pm between Monday and Friday on Notts TV, Sky 117, Freeview 7, Virgin 159 and on demand
For more fitness activities and sessions, find a leisure centre near you by clicking here.
Nottingham City Leisure Centres welcome all customers and have an extensive range of facilities and activities to ensure you have an enjoyable visit. We aim to provide the highest possible standards of service to all our customers and we are happy to show anyone around who would like to come and see a facility, to resolve any potential issues or concerns they may have in advance of their visit. All of our leisure centres are accredited facilities and have been verified as being an accessible venue for disabled people by CredAbility – an independent quality mark run by disabled people.
To find out more about CredAble access, please follow the web links below for a centre that you are interested in:
- Southglade Leisure Centre
- Ken Martin Leisure Centre
- John Carroll Leisure Centre
- Djanogly Community Leisure Centre
- Harvey Hadden Sports Village
- Nottingham Tennis Centre
- Victoria Leisure Centre
- Clifton Leisure Centre
Get our latest updates delivered to your inbox.Sign up for Job Alerts, What's On, Latest News and more...