A Walk in the Park
With this in mind, we have created a selection of walks in ten of Nottingham city's parks and open spaces. These walking routes offer you the opportunity to improve both physical and mental wellbeing in a safe and relaxed atmosphere. The walks also enable people to discover more about Nottingham's parks, local history and wildlife.
Walking for 30 minutes Each Day Can
- Make you feel good
- Give you more energy, fitness and stamina
- Help you sleep better
- Reduce blood pressure
- Reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke
- Reduce the risk of type II diabetes and osteoporosis
- Reduce the risk of some cancers
- Help reduce stress
- Help you lose or maintain weight
Guidelines for Walkers
- Ensure that you wear suitable comfortable shoes and appropriate clothing
- Sun protection is advisable especially in hot or sunny weather
- Do not walk too soon after eating
- Do not walk if you feel dizzy or unwell
- If you suffer from heart problems you should consult with your GP before starting the exercise
Download the Walks Below
To plan your journey to your local park, click here to visit the Travel East Midlands website.
Nottingham has recently been added to the Urban Walking Route Planner website - to plan your walking route around Nottingham City visit Walk it!.
Would you like to become a Volunteer Walk Leader?
If you would like to meet new people and are interested in becoming a volunteer walk leader we want to hear from you! Please contact Age UK Nottingham and Nottinghamshire on 0115 844 0011.