Do you need a WPL licence?

If you are an employer inside Nottingham City Council's administrative boundary and you provide workplace parking places for any of the following, you are legally obliged to obtain a WPL licence:

  • Employees
  • Regular business visitors (regular business visitors are consultants, contractors, suppliers, agency staff or other business visitors attending their regular place of work)
  • Pupils or students attending a course of education or training

Employers need a separate WPL licence for each individual premises where workplace parking is provided. Premises are any land or building inside Nottingham City Council's administrative boundary that is used by an employer to provide workplace parking.

Please click the link below to access the Workplace Parking Levy Employer Handbook, which contains all of the information that you need to know about the scheme:

Workplace Parking Levy Employer Handbook

If you are not sure whether your premises fall within Nottingham City Council's administrative boundary, please use our online address checker:

Address Checker