Support to find work, education or training
If you’re unemployed, on benefits, looking for a first job, returning to work or changing careers, Nottingham Jobs can give you the right advice and support to get work-ready and find employment:
- The latest local job vacancies
- Support and training when you’re looking for work
- Recruitment activities which can lead to guaranteed interviews
- Job fairs and activities in your community
- Employability skills and training
- Advice about redundancy or returning to work
Register with Nottingham Jobs
To receive personalised, one-to-one advice about work or training, register with us and create a free personal profile at www.nottinghamjobs.com or call 0115 876 4508 (lines are open Monday – Friday from 9am to 5pm).
Help to find childcare and early years support
The Families Information Service and ASK LION are available to help families in Nottingham city find childcare, information on funded early years entitlements for 2, 3 and 4 year olds, and information on financial support to help with childcare costs.
If you're looking for support as a parent or guardian, including information about things to do with your child at home or in the community visit the ASK LION website.
Contact the Families Information Service free on 0800 458 4114.
Skills training for families, and people with no formal qualifications
The Community & Family Learning project supports Nottingham City Council’s commitment to reduce unemployment, and aspiration to increase the skills levels of Nottingham residents.
Community & Family Learning plays a valuable role in engaging individuals who have low, or no formal qualifications, are under skilled or are furthest away from the labour market.
Community & Family Learning offers learning packages which:
- Improve personal confidence for parents and children
- Raise aspirations
- Improve social outcomes
- Help people gain the skills to prepare for work
- Are designed for parents with low skills who would not ordinarily attend a course
- Re-engages parents with low skills into learning
Find out more
Managing budgets is not always easy and can be stressful. One way to reduce stress is to get professional advice. If you’d like advice on managing your money visit Ask Lion to find your local money management advice centre.
If you receive an out of work benefit we have further information about benefits here which you might find useful.