Swimfit - Make your swim more interesting!
Swimming is a really great way to exercise, it's simple, fun and suitable for all ages and levels of fitness.
Available now at your local Nottingham City Council pool!
Swim fit is an exciting way to workout in the pool, bringing gym style programmes to the water. There are four main areas:
- Shape up and Tone
In each of these sections there are 12 programmes which are updated on a quarterly basis.
How do I use swim fit?
- Swim fit is free, all you need to pay for is your usual swim session or if you are a Flexible Fitness member this is totally free. Equipment will be available during selected general swimming sessions.
- Think about what you'd like to achieve from your workout then pick which of the four swim fit areas will help you to achieve your goals
- Select one of the programmes which will be available on the swim fit board at the side of the pool and collect any equipment outlined in the programme*
- Then simply begin your session by following the programme
- After you've finished your session you can log onto the swim fit website to record your training session – this will help you track your progress and set personal goals
* Equipment is only available at selected sessions - please call the relevant leisure centre for details
Why should I use swim fit?
- It will provide you with a free programme to make your swim more interesting and fun
- It caters for all abilities so if you're swimming to keep fit or you're training for a competition, swim fit has something for everyone
- Don't forget you'll get access to a free website to set goals and track progress, get advice on your technique and set yourself a challenge
What are the benefits of swimming?
- It's low impact because the water supports your weight
- It offers all over toning as it works your whole body
- It's great for your heart, lungs and circulation
- It burns calories
- It's refreshing and relaxing
- It improves strength and flexibility
- It relieves stress and tension
- It will give you more energy
Swimfit is available at the Nottingham City Council leisure centres listed below:
- Beechdale Swimming Centre
- Clifton Leisure Centre
- Djanogly Community Leisure Centre (starting 1st May 2010)
- John Carroll Leisure Centre
- Ken Martin Leisure Centre
- Portland Leisure Centre
- Southglade Leisure Centre