Share this page
On this site
About Electoral Services
Electoral Services are responsible for the compilation of the Register of Electors each year and for the organisation and conduct of all elections taking place within the City which are City Council, Parliamentary and European Elections.
The main duties of Electoral Services are:-
- To ensure that every household receives an electoral registration form each year and on completion and return make sure that all eligible electors are correctly registered.
- The registration of Overseas Electors, Service Personnel and European Union Citizens.
- The processing of postal and proxy voting applications.
- Provision of polling stations, election staff and all polling stationery and equipment.
- To provide candidates and their agents with all the necessary literature in respect of elections in which they are to stand.
- To advertise and promote electoral registration and elections and answer any related queries.
Electoral Services is committed, wherever possible, to provide access to polling for all members of the community.
We will send an annual registration form to you in August, for you to confirm or change the details of all persons who will be living in your house on 15 October. There are three easy ways to respond to the form and if you do it straight away you will not be sent a reminder.
If you do not respond to your form not only might your name be removed from the register, which means you will not be able to vote at elections, but it may also affect your credit rating and you may experience problems getting a mortgage, loan, finance agreement or mobile phone contract.
Please ensure you register to vote and use your vote.
Democracy is extremely important to Nottingham City Council. We want to encourage and support our residents to participate and have their say in decisions which directly affect the communities they live in.
For further information please contact Electoral Services on 0115 8764111 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.