Payments by direct debit
This section tells you how you can pay Council Tax, Business Rates, Housing Rent and for Residential Care by Direct Debit.
Direct Debit allows your regular bills to be paid from your bank or building society account when they become due. This is the easiest way to make payment because your bank or building society does all the work and yet you remain in control.
You can obtain an online Direct Debit application form for the following accounts:
- Click here to download the Business Rates Direct Debit Form [499kb]
- Click here to download the Council Tax Direct Debit Form [455kb]
- Click here to download the Housing Rent Direct Debit Form [1Mb]
- Click here to download the Adult Residential Services Direct Debit Form [190kb]
For Council Tax, Housing Rent, and Business Rates you benefit from a later payment date and for Council Tax, Benefit Recovery and Housing Rent you can pick a date that is more convenient to you.
Direct Debit gives you total control over your payments. You will be given at least 10 working days' notice of amounts to be collected and any changes to those amounts. A full and immediate refund is given by your bank or building society in the unlikely event of a mistake being made.
Payments by Direct Debit save the City Council time and money, helping us to pass these savings to you.
If you have already made the necessary arrangements with the Council, confirmation of this is given on your payment documentation and no further action is required of you.
Further information about the benefits and guarantees of Direct Debit can be found by clicking here to visit the Direct Debit website. The Direct Debit guarantee is printed below.
Direct Debit - make the switch now!
The Direct Debit Guarantee
- This guarantee is offered by all banks and building societies that take part in the Direct Debit Scheme. The efficiency and security of the Scheme is monitored and protected by your own bank or building society
- If the amounts to be paid or the payment dates change, Nottingham City Council will notify you at least 10 working days (or as otherwise agreed) in advance of your bank account being debited
- If an error is made by Nottingham City Council or your bank or building society, you are guaranteed a full and immediate refund from your branch of the amount paid
- You can cancel your Direct Debt instruction at any time simply by writing to your bank or building society. Please also send a copy of your letter to us