Share this page
On this site
Nottingham City Safeguarding Children Board Inter Agency Training (Updated May 2013)
We have now published our Training Programme for September 2013 to December 2013 as well as the remainder of our April to July 2013 Programme. You can find both Programmes in the download box to the right of this page. We have also updated our application form, so please use the one provided here, rather than any others you have. PLEASE NOTE OUR CHARGING POLICY AND LATE ARRIVALS POLICY
Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children within Nottingham City is paramount and depends upon good inter-agency practice, co-operation and training. To encourage this, the Nottingham City Safeguarding Children Board (NCSCB) provides a programme of multi-agency training, details of which can be found below.
The NCSCB Training Programme (See Download box) offers dates for:
- Introduction to Safeguarding Children
- Working Together to Safeguard Children
- What's New in Safeguarding Children ( a half day seminar type event that also acts as a refresher)
However, there will be other training events delivered during the year, which will be advertised here and circulated when arrangements have been finalised.
Please note that we expect people from statutory and other larger organisations to access Introduction to Safeguarding Children training provided by their own organisation, and will only be accepting applications from Voluntary and Private organisations for our courses.
Working Together is however still available to all organisations
Please use the following e-mail application form to apply for places on our courses, making sure you provide all the information requested.
- When making an application for a course, please ensure the course date is kept free in your diary
- As we are working towards a paperless office, applications now have to be sent electronically by your manager to indicate their support of your application
- Every effort is made to confirm receipt of applications, but please call us if no contact has been made by us within 2 weeks of your application being sent.
- IMPORTANT: Anybody not registered for the course will not be given access on the day.
- If you have not been successful with your first choice, we will make every effort to inform you of this and offer you the next available course date
Nottingham City Safeguarding Children Board will fund all training, except for profit making organisations, including Academies, which will be charged £100 per person per course. However, if you are offered a place and fail to attend having made no apologies (no less than 24 hours of the course commencing), an invoice will be sent directly to your line manager, for the sum of £40.00, in order to recuperate any losses.Late Arrivals Policy
All courses are now delivered at Loxley House and reception have been asked by ourselves, to not give access to people who arrive for our courses after 9.45am. So, please ensure you arrive in good time to avoid disappointment, or contact us if you are unexpectedly delayed.
Please note that applications and enquiries about our courses should now be directed to:
Nottingham City Safeguarding Children Board