Share this page
On this site
Steps to Success for unemployed parents
Unemployed parents can get help and support on searching for jobs, accessing childcare, managing money and more at their local Sure Start Children's Centre.
Steps to Success for unemployed parents with a child under 16 offers help and support on:
- Searching for jobs and deciding on your future career
- Understanding the benefits working parents are entitled to
- Deciding on the right childcare option for you and whether you can access financial support for childcare
- Getting training, building skills and confidence
- Managing money and dealing with debt
This is a FREE, confidential and non-judgemental service. You will be given a Personal Advisor through a Children's Centre who will help you take the steps to success.
Book your appointment today and secure a positive future for you and your family. Call the Families Information Service on 0800 458 4114 to be put in contact with a Personal Advisor at a Children's Centre near you.
The Steps to Success Pilot is designed to help parents and families benefit from a range of services and support. The four participating Children's Centres included in this pilot are:
- Basford Children's Centre (Basford)
- Bestwood Park & Top Valley Children's Centre (Top Valley)
- Sure Start North West Nottingham Children's Centre (Broxtowe)
- Southglade Access Centre Adult & Sure Start Children's Centre (Bestwood)
This project is being delivered by Nottingham City Council in partnership with the Jobcentre Plus, Nottingham Welfare Rights, Relate, Nottingham Credit Union and Children's Centres. All these organisations offer a further range of services and support for families.
The council's Families Information Service also offers help and support to parents.