Share this page
On this site
The Local Plan & Core Strategy
The Local Plan (formerly the Local Development Framework or LDF) is made up of Local Development Documents which sets out what will be built in Nottingham in the future. The Core Strategy sets out a vision and strategy for growth and sustainable development in Nottingham up to 2028. It includes broad locations for development and strategic policies for homes, business, retail, transport and the environment.
Nottingham's Local Plan will comprise of:
- Local Development Documents (LDDs), which include:
- Development Plan Documents (DPDs) which, together with the Regional Spatial Strategy (RSS), are part of the statutory development plan, and
- Supplementary Planning Documents (SPDs) which expand policies set out in DDS or provide additional detail
- Statement of Community Involvement (SCI)
- Local Development Scheme (LDS)
- Authority Monitoring Report (AMR).
For more information on these documents please follow the links on the right of this page. Alternatively, use the link on the right to view the Development Plan diagram.
- DPDs are subject to rigorous procedures of community involvement, consultation and independent examination
- Once adopted, development control decisions must be made in accordance with the DPDs unless material considerations indicate otherwise
- To see more about current Local Plan work please click here
- DPDs are also subject to a Sustainability Appraisal to ensure economic, environmental and social effects of the plan are in line with sustainable development targets
To view progress on the production of the documents that form the LDF please follow the link on the right to the Local Development Scheme timetable.
The Council will also produce periodic newsletters to keep you informed of the latest progress with the Nottingham City Local Development Framework (LDF). Please click on the link to the right of this page to view these newsletters in PDF format.
For information on the Core Strategy, please follow the links to the left of this page.