Share this page
On this site
The Nottingham City Core Strategy Publication Version June 2012
On the 11th June 2012 Nottingham City Council published its Core Strategy. The document, known as the 'Nottingham City Core Strategy Publication Version', sets out a vision and strategy for growth and sustainable development in Nottingham up to 2028. It includes broad locations for development and strategic policies for homes, business, retail, transport and the environment. The document is aligned with the Core Strategies of Broxtowe and Gedling and has strong synergy with the strategies of Rushcliffe and Erewash Councils.
The plan proposes that by 2028, there will be;
- Around 17,150 sustainable new homes in the Nottingham City Council area;
- Housing and employment development on strategic sites such Boots, the Waterside Regeneration Zone and Stanton Tip;
- New employment opportunities with an additional 250,000 square metres of office floorspace.
Publication of the strategy follows several stages of consultation including:
- Issues and Options [14Mb]- Summer 2009
- Options for Consultation - Chapter 1 & 2 [1Mb]- Winter/Spring 2010
- Options for Consultation - Chapter 3 [2Mb]- Winter/Spring 2010
- Options for Consultation - Appendices [124kb]- Winter/Spring 2010
- Options for Consultation - Key Diagram [1Mb]- Winter/Spring 2010
- - Summer 2011
The Nottingham City Core Strategy Publication Version can be viewed by following the links to the right of this page. There are five key documents that accompany the Strategy and along with the Core Strategy these are called 'Proposed Submission Documents'. These are:
- Nottingham City Aligned Core Strategy Publication Version
- Core Strategy Sustainability Appraisal & Appendices (which has been split into two separate documents)
- Habitats Regulation Assessment
- Statements Of Consultation & Inspection (which has been split into two separate documents)
- Statement of Representation Procedure
Click on the links to the right of the page to view the documents. There are further supporting documents and reports which make up the Core Strategy Evidence Base and a report of these can also be viewed on the right of this page.
Paper copies of the Proposed Submission Documents are also available to view at the Council's main office in Loxley House and the Contact Centre within the Central Library. Reference copies of the Core Strategy Publication Version are available in all local libraries too. Click here for details of locations opening times (link to statement of representation)
Representation period has now closed
Before the Core Strategy Publication Version is examined by an independent Government Inspector, citizens and organisations were given the opportunity to submit representations on the Strategy for a 6 week period between 11 June and 23 July 2012. The representation period is now closed.
The council will consider all of the representations received and if only minor changes to the plan are required, the Strategy and supporting documents will be submitted for Examination by an Independent Inspector. If major changes to the Strategy are needed, further consultation will take place.
It is likely that the Strategy will be submitted to the Government in November 2012, following which an Examination in Public will be held. The Examination is open to the public but the Inspector decides who should be invited to speak at the hearing. Further updates on the timing of the next steps will be provided on the web site when available.