The Science Centre at Green's Windmill
The science centre at Green's Windmill is full of interactive hands-on activities for everyone to enjoy.
Within the science centre is a special under 5s discovery zone for even the smallest scientists to start discovering and learning! The list below is just a selection of items to discover:
- Mirrors and cut out half-shapes to use with them (to complete a whole images)
- Rods with cubes that can spin
- A spinning wheel with different pictures in it
- Magnetic diamond shapes that can be stuck onto a magnetic wall
- Giant spiral that rotates
- Two velcro walls, with velcro pictures to stick onto the surface to produce a picture;
- Different textured surfaces including bristles, rubber
- Gear wall
- Peep holes and coloured discs in the ceiling
A trolley full of amazing activities for all ages. Explore all the different compartments and you'll find easy interactive experiments, colouring sheets, books and resource sheets that enable you to learn about science in a fun, hands on way.