Share this page
On this site
Helping local sports clubs deliver safe, equitable and quality sporting opportunities across Nottingham.
We can offer local clubs and groups advice on:
- Guidance and support with club accreditation
- Sport development planning, policies and procedures
- Coach and volunteer education
- School to club links
- Grants and Funding Advice
For help and advice please contact Sport and Leisure on 0115 876 1600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Minimum Operating Standards
For clubs that use our Leisure Centres we operate county wide minimum operating standards for clubs with participants or members that are under 18 years of age. The standards cover the key areas that most parents would expect, namely that clubs/organisations have measures in place to ensure the health and wellbeing of children and young people, including:
- How to minimise injuries and deal with them effectively when they arise
- Regular volunteers are checked for their suitability to work with children
Click here for full details on the Minimum Standards [41kb]
If your club/organisation has a governing body accreditation such as Clubmark then it already exceeds the required standards and will only need to provide the accreditation number and awarding body to the leisure centre that it uses.
For more information about club development please visit Nottinghamshire Sport.