Share this page
On this site
WPL - Information for employers
In September 2009 Nottingham City Council voted to introduce the Workplace Parking Levy scheme in October 2011.
Employers inside the Nottingham City Council administrative boundary that provide any workplace parking places will be legally required to get a WPL licence by 1st October 2011.
Employers that provide 11 or more workplace parking places (excluding registered Disabled Blue Badge Holders) will need to pay a WPL charge from 1st April 2012.
Employers that provide 10 or fewer workplace parking places are entitled to a 100% discount, and will not have to pay any WPL charge, although will need to license these places. This means that approximately 85% of employers in Nottingham will not have to pay.
- To apply for a WPL licence, please click here.
- For more information about what you will need in order to apply for your WPL licence, please click here.
- Once you have applied for your licence, you can view or change your details through 'My WPL Account' by clicking here.
- To download a copy of the WPL Employer Handbook, please click here [4Mb].
- To download a copy of the WPL Small Employer Leaflet, please click here [2Mb].
- For more information about the charge, please click here.
- For more information about exemptions and discounts, please click here.
- For more information about how VAT and salary sacrifice agreements work in terms of the WPL, please click here [29kb].
- To see frequently asked questions about charging and payments, please click here.