Library and Information Services contact information
- Email: enquiryline@nottingh...
- Tel: 0115 915 2828
- Library and Information Services contact information
Share this page
On this site
Nottingham Central Library
The largest library in Nottingham and the principal library in the East Midlands, offering a range of general and specialised library services over 4 floors.
- Stock and Services
- Regular events
- Address and Location
- Facilities for disabled people
- Transport Information
- Opening Hours
- Ground Floor - Fiction, Spoken Word and Children's books -
- Floor 1 - Local Studies Library
- Floor 2 - Science, Social Sciences, Religion and Philosophy, including material in languages other than English
- Floor 3 - Arts & Humanities, including Music, Sound & Vision
Central Library also offers:
- A large meeting room, capable of holding 60 people, with facilities for computers, data projectors, etc.
- A fully-equipped training room, with 10 computers, white board, data projection facilities, etc.
- Colour and black & white photocopiers on 3 floors
- Over 70 public computers, with MS Office and Internet facilities, connected to colour and black & white printers (including a high quality colour laser printer)
- Free WiFi
- Conversation class for learners of English - every Thursday 3.00pm - 5.00pm. Please contact Jason or Juliet email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org or phone them on 0115 915 1180 for further information.
- Children's Totstime - every Thursday, 10.45-11.15am - in the Children's Library on the Ground Floor. Further information: 0115 915 2824
- Children's storytime and crafts session - second Saturday of every month, 11.15 am - 12.00 pm. Further information: 0115 915 2824
The entrance to the library is level and there are automatically opening doors and barriers. The library is spread over five floors and there is disabled access to all floors via lifts. Toilet facilities are available on Floor 2.
Hearing loops are fitted at help desks on all floors and in the main meeting room.
Nottingham Central Library
Tel: Nottingham (0115) 915 2828
Fax: Nottingham (0115) 915 2840
24-hour renewal line: 0845 330 4435
Get directions from Google Maps
View Larger Map
Central Library is located on Angel Row in Nottingham City Centre, just a short walk from the Old Market Square. From the square pedestrians should head west towards the historic Old Bell public house, turning right onto Angel Row after crossing the tram line. The library is on the left-hand side of this street.
Central Library can be reached from most part of Nottingham and Nottinghamshire by taking any inbound bus service or tram. Nottingham City Transport orange line services stop directly outside the library on Angel Row. To plan your journey use the Travel Link East Midlands website.
Nottingham City Centre offers a variety of car parks and Blue Badge parking bays. The nearest car parks to Central Library are located on Upper Parliament Street, St James Street and Mount Street. For more information visit our parking pages.
|Days||Library Times||Contact Centre Times|
9.00 - 7.00 (Ground floor from 8.15am)
|8.15 - 5.30|
|Tuesday||9.30 - 7.00 (Ground floor from 8.15am)||8.15 - 5.30|
|Wednesday||9.00 - 7.00 (Ground floor from 8.15am)||8.15 - 5.30|
|Thursday||9.00 - 7.00 (Ground floor from 8.15am)||8.15 - 5.30|
|Friday||9.00 - 5.30 (Ground floor from 8.15am)||8.15 - 5.30|
|Saturday||9.00 - 4.00||Closed|