Share this page
On this site
The Traffic Management Team effectively manage the operation of the City's highway network in accordance with City Council requirements and approved transportation policies.
The introduction of the Traffic Management Act 2004 has placed a duty on the City Council Traffic Manager to reduce congestion and to keep traffic moving to maximum efficiency and includes pedestrians and cycles.
The team assists in the planning, design and implementation of transport systems and the monitoring of policies, strategies, plans and schemes designed to achieve this.
We provide a design and advice service in the areas of traffic management and control as well as parking services.
- Designing and implementing traffic management schemes (e.g. Traffic Calming)
- Designing and implementing highway signing and lining schemes
- Design and implementation of temporary and permanent Traffic Regulation Orders including composing of the legal documents.
- Provide Traffic Management for Arts & Events (e.g. street parties, Goose Fair)
- Restricted Access Permits for Nottingham City Centre 'Clear Zone', Bulwell Town Centre 'Clear Zone' and Forman Street
- Providing highways related input when considering planning applications, road adoptions and other developments
- Maintaining and managing the Highway Adoption Records
- Issue "Highway Amenity" licences(e.g. Tables & Chairs)
- Managing Public Rights of Way
For further information please contact us on 01158 765231 or 01158 765230.