Share this page
On this site
Nottingham Jobs Fund
The Nottingham Jobs Fund is an employment scheme created by Nottingham City Council to help 400 people aged 18+ get in to work
The Nottingham Jobs Fund (NJF) will create 400 jobs for 18+ year olds in Nottingham and is designed to encourage employers to create new jobs for unemployed people.
- Creating a job through the Nottingham Jobs Fund
- Applying for a Nottingham Jobs Fund job
- Current Nottingham Jobs Fund vacancies
The Nottingham Jobs Fund will contribute up to 50% of the cost of a placement with the employing organisation and will also provide funding for appropriate training.
If you are an employer and wish to find out more information about creating a new job through the scheme, you can either download the suite of application documents below, or contact the NJF team at email@example.com or 0115 8764504 to request an application pack.
The fund will primarily focus on creating jobs with companies based in and around Nottingham and in all sectors, provided they can commit to a 50% salary contribution for 1 year. The NJF team can support you with recruitment of the young person and the employer always makes the final decision on who is employed.
To be eligible, a job created must:
- Be additional to the existing structure of your company/organisation
- Be guaranteed for between 6-12 months
- Be for 16-30 hours per week
- Pay National Minimum Wage
- Have the potential to become a sustainable job after the placement period
Download this suite of documents if you are interested in applying to be an employer with the Nottingham Jobs Fund.
If you are a jobseeker and meet the following criteria, please go to see your Jobcentre Plus advisor who will be able to provide you with more information.
To be eligible, you must:
- Be 18+ years old
- Live within the Nottingham city boundary (disabled applicants will not be subject to the postcode restriction)
- Have been claiming Jobseekers Allowance (or another out-of-work benefit) for no more than 12 months
* Young people in care or those that have left care in Nottingham city within the past 2 years will be eligible to apply for these positions regardless of postcode or length of claim.
If you do not meet these criteria, you cannot be considered for a Nottingham Jobs Fund position. Jobcentre Plus will be able to advise you on other schemes that you may be able to access.
You can view all current Nottingham Jobs Fund positions at www.nottinghamjobs.com.
If you think you may be interested in applying for any of the positions, you can either:
- download the application forms from www.nottinghamjobs.com
- speak to your Jobcentre Plus advisor
- or arrange an appointment with any of our Community Partners that are local to you
Both Jobcentre Plus and our Community Partners will be able to provide you with the relevant application forms. Ensure you specify the employer name and job title when making an application to avoid any delays.