Share this page
On this site
Make a planning application online
In conjunction with the Planning Portal, you can submit your planning application to Nottingham City Council on line.
On the Planning Portal web site you can fill in and submit application forms, create and buy Ordnance Survey-based site location plans and attach electronic versions of all application plans and supporting documents. You can also pay the application fee using a credit or debit card.
Please note, if you are sending supporting documents in the post, Nottingham City Council now only require one copy of these.
The steps to making a planning application on line
- As with all other applications, we encourage you to discuss your proposals with a Planning Officer beforehand. Please contact Development Management on 0115 8764447 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further advice
- Prepare computer files of all plans, pictures and documents that you intend to submit with your application. We can accept application plans in a wide variety of electronic formats, although we prefer documents to be sent as PDF files. Many drawing packages allow you to create PDF files directly, or you can obtain software from other suppliers, such as Adobe or CutePDF, which let you create PDFs from other applications. Please ensure that all plans can be printed out to a known scale by including a statement on the drawing setting out the scale at a specific paper size (1:500@A4, for example). If you are in any doubt as to whether or not a particular file type is suitable please contact Development Management on 0115 8764447.
- Click on the link below to go to the 'apply' section of the Portal web site
- Register your details if you haven't done so before and log in
- Follow the instructions on the Planning Portal web site to prepare and make your application
If you would like to make an application on line but are unsure about any aspects of the process please contact Development Management on 0115 8764447.
What happens after the application has been made
The Planning Portal automatically transfers the application and associated documents to the City Council, and we will notify you confirming receipt. We carry out a check to make sure that the application is valid and will notify you as soon as this is complete. We will tell you if we need more information to be able to deal with the application, or there is a problem with any of the information that you have submitted. Once complete, your application will be processed and we will notify you of the decision in due course. For most planning applications, this takes less than 8 weeks.