Library and Information Services contact information
- Email: enquiryline@nottingh...
- Tel: 0115 915 2828
- Library and Information Services contact information
Share this page
On this site
Nottingham's library services for parents and carers
It is widely recognised that parents are a child's first, and best, teacher. Much research has shown that sharing stories and rhymes gives a child the best start to learning and reading becomes an enjoyable skill for life. Belonging to a library opens up a wealth of FREE books, information and skills for families to enjoy.
Your Library can help by providing:
- A 'Parents' collection in every Library which includes information - from child development to entertaining your children.
- Totstimes for children under 5 at all of our libraries. Parents and carers are welcome to come along to share stories and rhymes.
- The Bookstart Bear Club, all about getting children to have a lifelong love of reading and encouraging the library habit. Your child can collect 10 certificates and, to make the first certificate extra special, your child will also receive a free book!
- Homework Centres at many of our libraries that provide support with literacy and numeracy, school work and accessing information.
- Information on local facilities and things to do with your family.
- The Summer Reading Challenge - encourage your children to keep the reading habit during the school holidays and win prizes and medals.
- Access to the library catalogue and the ability to reserve and renew books and make enquiries 24/7
- Free use of computers in libraries with internet access for you and your children. If you would like some help getting online please book a 1-1session at your local library