Councillor David Mellen
Dales Ward Councillor and Portfolio Holder for Children's Services. This page provides you with information about your local Nottingham City Councillor.
As one of your Local Councillors it is my job to take account of your views. I need your feedback to help make informed democratic decisions about issues which affect everyone.
Information and details
Ward: Dales Ward
447 Meadow Lane
0115 876 3786 or 0115 915 2497
Date elected to City Council: 3 May 2007
I was born and educated in Ipswich and came to Nottingham to study at Trent Polytechnic in 1982. I have taught for 21 years in the city and county starting my career at Jesse Boot Junior School and most recently serving as Headteacher at Mellers School in Radford for four years.
I work part time as a Childrens worker for New Life Baptist Church in West Bridgford. I have lived in Sneinton for the last eighteen years and serve on the management committee of Bakersfield Community Centre.
- Mapperley and St Ann's and Dales Area Committee (Area 6)
- City Centre Area Committee
- Executive Board
- Executive Board Commissioning Sub Committee
- Corporate Parenting Board - Chair
- Appointments and Conditions of Service Committee
- Health and Well Being Board
City Council appointments to outside organisations
- Admissions Forum
- Bakersfield Community Association Management Committee
- Connexions (Council appointed Director)
- Derby Road Trust
- Education (35 minor trusts)
- Local Government Association - General Assembly
- One Nottingham (ON) Board - Chair
- One Nottingham (ON) Children's Partnership
- Standing Committee for Religious Education (SACRE)