Share this page
On this site
Disabled Children's Services
Support for children and young people aged 0-19 years who have a permanent disability.
- Who is our service for?
- How can we help?
- Short Breaks Service Statement
- How can parents, families and young people get involved?
- Contact Us
Disabled Children's Services are aimed at assessing and supporting the needs of children with complex / severe disabilities.
The Disabled Children's Team and Short Breaks Service can help you with:
- Information, advice and signposting
- Special Assessments of Needs
- Equipment and adaptations
- Provision of a short break
- Arranging services under the chronically sick and disabled persons act
- Direct Payments and Individual Budgets
- Services to disabled children looked after, including adoption
Our friendly team can answer your questions, offer advice, take referrals and signpost to appropriate services.
This statement has been produced so that families know:
- What services are available to them
- How the services on offer meet their needs and those of their disabled children
If you are the parent of a disabled child and want to have a voice in the design and delivery of services then contact Rainbows Parent Carer Forum on 07832 78981 or click here to visit their website.
If you are a disabled young person who is interested in getting involved in deciding what services are provided, then contact the Special Peoples Group supporter firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0115 969 1177.
The Disabled Children's Team
The Mary Potter Health Centre
Tel: (0115) 8838266
You can telephone us or call into the office to see a duty worker Monday - Friday 8.30am - 4.50pm.