Share this page
On this site
Special Educational Needs (SEN)
Supporting children and young people with special educational needs to get the most out of school life.
The Special Educational Needs (SEN) Team works closely with parents, schools, Children's and Families colleagues and Health Services to ensure that children and young people with special educational needs get the most out of their school life and maximise their achievements.
Each area of the City (North, Central and South) has a dedicated Caseworker and Officer who provide consultation, advice and problem solving service for schools, parents, colleagues and partner agencies in addition to the services provided by the team as a whole.
- Children and young people 0-19 with special educational needs, and their families, who live in the City of Nottingham and/or attend a City school
- Children with special educational needs who are Looked After by Nottingham City but living elsewhere
- Colleagues within the Local Authority
- Colleagues from partner agencies
- Administer the statutory assessment process for children and young people with special educational needs
- Provide advice to schools on statutory requirements in relation to special educational needs and transport
- Manage all placements at specialist provision within the City
- Monitor statutory reviews of statements and ensure that statements are kept up to date
- Provide advice to parents about adapted schools and support available for their child's specific difficulty
- Identify and develop appropriate provision for pupils with special educational needs
- Devise and assist schools in implementing individual programmes for pupils
- Provide schools with advice on where to obtain specialist training and support
- Administer School Action Plus funding to schools
The team is based at the Glenbrook Management Centre in Bilborough and can be contacted by telephone, email or in writing. Please note that requests for Statutory Assessment need to be made in writing (either letter or email) or by using our online form:
The Special Educational Needs Team
Glenbrook Management Centre
Tel: 0115 915 5555
Fax: 0115 915 8925