Councillor Jon Collins
St Ann's Ward Councillor and Leader of Nottingham City Council and Portfolio Holder for Strategic Regeneration and Community Safety. This page provides you with information about your local Nottingham City Councillor.
As one of your Local Councillors it is my job to take account of your views. I need your feedback to help make informed democratic decisions about issues which affect everyone.
Broadgate Estates Cycle to Cannes
Councillor Jon Collins is joining the Broadgate Estates Cycle to Cannes to raise money for the Karen Green Foundation. The cycle to Canne's route starts in London and totals around 938 miles. For more details on this challenge and to sponsor Councillor Collins please visit his Just Giving page on http://www.justgiving.com/Jonathan-Collins1
Information and details
Ward: St Ann's Ward
LH Box 28, Loxley House
0115 8764265 or 0115 9602613
Currently Leader of Nottingham City Council, Jon Collins has been a Councillor of St. Ann's, an inner city ward, in Nottingham since 1987. During this time he has served as Chair, Community Development Committee, 7 years as Deputy Leader and Portfolio Holder for Education and Work (1999-2003).
Jon chairs the Renewal Trust a local community development trust, is a Board Member of the East Midlands Development Agency and was elected Chair of the Nottinghamshire Police Authority in 2010 having overseen the Authority's change management programme. Previously, Jon has been a Board Member on the City's Primary Care Trust, the Learning and Skills Council and the Greater Nottingham Partnership Forum. He was until recently Chair of One Nottingham the City's Local Strategic Partnership.
Prior to undertaking his current role as Leader (since 2003), Jon completed an MBA (Public Services) and worked as an Urban Regeneration Consultant and Housing Development Officer.
- Mapperley and St Ann's and Dales Area Committee (Area 6)
- City Centre Area Committee
- Executive Board - Chair
- Executive Board Commissioning Sub Committee
- Appointments and Conditions of Service Committee
- Joint Committee for Appointments to the Police Authority
- Nottinghamshire and City of Nottingham Fire and Rescue Authority
- Health and Well Being Board
City Council appointments to outside organisations
- Eastcroft District Heating Consumer's Committee
- One Nottingham (ON) Board
- One Nottingham (ON) - Working Nottingham
- Renewal Trust (Council appointed Director)